Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express: Batch Mode
Batch repairing Outlook Express DBX files
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express helps to fix OE folders that look empty and extract messages from incorrect DBX files.
The user of the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool can recover mail messages from *.dbx files in the Batch mode. If you recover messages in the Batch mode, messages are extracted from *.dbx files one by one and immediately saved to the hard drive. Batch message recovery can be used to recover correspondence from a large number of corrupted *.dbx files simultaneously. The Batch Mode will allows you to considerably save time and effort spent on organizing the process of recovering messages from corrupted *.dbx files.
Batch mail recovery is started with the Batch Mode button located in the upper part of the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express window. It is also possible to start batch mail recovery by selecting the Batch Mode item from the Tools submenu of the main menu.
After that you should create the list of *.dbx files messages should be recovered from. If you have created a recovery list before in your work with the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool, use the Open Batch button in the batch mode to open an existing recovery list. If you are recovering data in the batch mode for the first time or you need to create a new recovery list, start with adding new *.dbx files to the list (the Add .dbx file button). Use the Source .dbx file field in the new dialog box to specify the path to the *.dbx file to recover data from. Use the Save Folder field to specify the path to the folder where messages extracted from the corrupted dbx file will be saved as *.eml files. Click the Add *.dbx file button. The selected .dbx file will be added to the recovery list. Add all *.dbx files mail information should be recovered from to the recovery list in the same way. To change the path to a dbx file or replace one dbx file with another dbx file, use the Update *.dbx file button. Similar to the procedure of adding a *.dbx file to the list, specify the path to the dbx file you need and the folder to save recovered messages to. To remove a dbx file from the recovery list, click the Remove *.dbx file button and confirm the operation. You can use the New Batch button to clear all records in the recovery list thus creating an empty recovery list. The created recovery list can be saved to the local drive as a .bat file (a text file). Use the Save Batch button to do it. Specify the location to save the recovery list to and enter the name of the .bat file. Click the Save button after that.
The following buttons are available on the recovery bar in the batch mode:
- Add .dbx file - add new *.dbx files to the list of files to be recovered in the batch mode. For each new .dbx file, you should also specify the folder for the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool to save recovered messages to;
- Update .dbx file - update a record in the list of .dbx files;
- Remove .dbx file - remove a record from the list of .dbx files;
- New Batch - create a new list of *.dbx files (removes all previous records from the list of dbx files that should be recovered in the batch mode);
- Open Batch - open a previously saved list (a .bat file);
- Save Batch - save the list of *.dbx files as a .bat file;
- Start Recovery - start recovering messages from dbx files in the batch mode.
Use the above buttons to create a list of dbx files with messages to be recovered in the batch mode. Use the Start Recovery button to start the recovery process. Wait until the process is over according to the recovery progress bar.
Batch message recovery from corrupted dbx files is the best way to recover messages from a large number of corrupted dbx files simultaneously.
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and above
To move saved .eml files to an Outlook Express folder, you should:
- Open Outlook Express and Windows Explorer at the same time.
- Select .eml files in Windows Explorer using the Shift + arrow keys or the Ctrl key + the left mouse button.
- Use your mouse to drag the selected .eml files to the Outlook Express folder.
To make dragging files more convenient, it is recommended to place Outlook Express in the right part of the screen and Windows Explorer in the left part.
You need to disable the recovery of deleted messages.
To do this:
- Open the Tools | Options menu
- Uncheck the Recovering Deleted e-mails option
You save a recovered messages by:
- checking emails for saving and press on Save Checked button
- save all messages by press on Save All button
Please create a new empty Outlook Express folder:
- 1. Open folder with Outlook Express .dbx files in Windows Explorer. You can find path to Outlook Express store folders by:
- open Tools | Options… menu item in Outlook Express
- press on Maintenance tab
- press on Store Folder button
- select and copy path by press Ctrl + V
- 2. Move damaged dbx file in safety place from Outlook Express store folder
- 3. Start Outlook Express
- 4. Click on damaged folder in Folders panel. Outlook Express create new empty DBX file with correct name in store folder.
Select .eml files in Windows Explorer using the Shift + arrow keys or the Ctrl key + the left mouse button