Recovering corrupted Outlook Express folders step by step with the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express ( Download). The process of recovering corrupted Outlook Express folders takes four steps:
The DBX Repair Tool
In the process of recovering Outlook Express folders, it is really important to stick to the sequence of actions specified in the description of the recovery process and closely follow the recovery instructions.
Let us describe each step of the recovery process in more details.
You should use Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express to extract all messages that should be recovered from the dbx file. You should save all extracted messages to the hard drive as message files in the eml format.
To avoid data losses, you should create a backup copy of the .dbx file you want to recover on the hard drive, on a СD or a DVD or on a flash drive. The path to each specific .dbx file is displayed in the Source Folder Path field under the main menu of the program.
After that you should delete the old corrupted .dbx file from the folder where it is located. After you delete the damaged dbx file, create a new folder in Outlook Express. To do it, start Outlook Express and click the folder the deleted dbx file corresponded to. Outlook Express will automatically create a new empty dbx file for this folder.
To copy messages saved before to the new empty Outlook Express folder, you should:
- simultaneously start two programs: Outlook Express and Windows Explorer;
- select all necessary messages saved before in the Windows Explorer window. To do it, use the Shift+arrow keys or press and hold down the Ctrl key and select all necessary files with messages with a mouse click one by one;
- drag all selected files to the new Outlook Express folder. To do it, move the mouse pointer over any of the selected files, press the left mouse button, hold it down and drag files from the Windows Explorer window to the new folder in the Outlook Express window. It will be easier to copy message files if you place the Outlook Express window in the right part of the screen and Windows Explorer in the left part of the screen.
The process of recovering the corrupted Outlook Express folder is successfully finished.
Also, you can use Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express to:
- undelete accidentally deleted messages;
- move recovered correspondence to another computer or to another mail client supporting the eml message format.
The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool:
- supports files of the .dbx format for Outlook Express versions 5, 5.5 and 6;
- recovers *.dbx files in the batch mode;
- recovers information from *.dbx files up to 4GB in size;
- recovers corrupted *.dbx files greater than 2 GB in size;
- recovers attached files;
- undeletes deleted messages;
- verifies recovered messages before displaying them for the user.
Download and install the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool
Select the file named Sent Items.dbx from the list of files in the left part of the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express window and click it or click the Read Source File button on the program toolbar.
After the file Sent Items.dbx is read, specify the folder on the disk where messages recovered by the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool will be saved. To do it, click the Choose Save Folder button and specify the folder for saving recovered files. After that click the Save e-mail(s) button on the toolbar of the program. Select the Save all e-mails item in the popup menu to save all recovered messages.
Copy the path from the Source Folder Path field in Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express to the Windows Explorer address bar and press the Enter key. Select the file Sent Items.dbx and back up this file (copy it to the location you find convenient).
Delete the file Sent Items.dbx from the folder where it is located. Start Outlook Express. Click the Sent Items.dbx folder. Outlook Express will automatically create a new empty file named Sent Items.dbx.
Simultaneously start Outlook Express and Windows Explorer. Select all files with the .eml extension you need to copy to the new folder ( Sent Items). To do it, use the Shift+arrow keys or press and hold down the Ctrl key and select all necessary files with messages with a mouse click one by one. Capture the selected message files by moving the mouse pointer over any of these files, pressing the left mouse button and holding it down. Drag the group of selected files from the Windows Explorer window to the new Sent Items folder in Outlook Express.
The Sent Items folder is successfully recovered.