Outlook Express Mail Recovery Software
How to repair damaged Outlook Express folders
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express helps to fix OE folders that look empty and extract messages from incorrect DBX files.
How to repair an Outlook Express folder
The manual for the repair of a corrupt folders of Outlook Express. How to repair a damaged *.dbx file from Outlook Express:
- Download, install and run Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express from here: https://recoverytoolbox.com/download/RecoveryToolboxForOutlookExpressInstall.exe
- Please select folder with Outlook Express dbx files
- Select DBX files for recovery
- Press on Start Recovery button
- Select folder for saving a recovered messages
- Save all messages by press on Save All button
- Please create a new empty Outlook Express folder
- Select .eml files in Windows Explorer using the Shift + arrow keys or the Ctrl key + the left mouse button
- Use your mouse to drag the selected .eml files to the Outlook Express folder
This tool recovers messages and corrupted Outlook Express files
The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool is a powerful software tool that allows the user to recover lost messages from corrupted Outlook Express folders. Such problems often result from virus attacks, power failures or incorrect operations made by applications and especially antivirus software.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express extracts and saves the user's messages from files with the *.dbx extension that Outlook Express uses to store folders, messages and news on the local disk.
Besides, Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express can be used to reindex large *.dbx files, which helps Outlook Express to start working normally again. In this case, its function is to extract the user's correspondence from a corrupted *.dbx file and to save messages to separate files of the *.eml format (RFC822 standard) after that. Later, these messages can be easily copied to a new empty folder created in Outlook Express.
Also, the program has an additional feature: it can undelete messages accidentally deleted from the Outlook Express Deleted items folder. The program will probably be able to undelete messages permanently deleted from the Deleted items folder.
It is possible to view and save correspondence recovered by Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express as message files with the *.eml extension (RFC822 standard). This format of messages is supported by most popular mail clients. For example, you can use Outlook Express to open and view *.eml files. You can also easily copy (or move) a message in the *.eml file to Outlook Express folders or to other programs supporting this standard.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express has an intuitive, really user-friendly interface. Nevertheless, Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express features a comfortable and functional Recovery Wizard for recovering corrupted Outlook Express data. With the Recovery Wizard, you will quickly (in five recovery steps) and easily (you will not need any special knowledge) recover your data. Using the Recovery Wizard, you will study the sequence and the essence of operations performed in order to recover data with Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express. Later, you will be able to recover data information from corrupted *.dbx files yourself, without the Recovery Wizard.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express supports previewing the message bodies being recovered and stored in *.dbx files (including corrupted *.dbx files). They are viewed in the lower frame of the main window of the program. It is possible to view attached files only in Outlook Express. To do it, move recovered and saved messages with attachments to Outlook Express first. It is possible to preview message bodies only in the registered version of Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express. Buy
The program can recover data from *.dbx files in the batch mode. When the program recovers correspondence from *.dbx files in the batch mode, messages are extracted from *.dbx files and immediately saved to the hard drive of your computer. The batch mode will be useful if you need to recover a large number of files.
When Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express is started, it is ready to process the current user's *.dbx files. The tool will automatically find the path to the folder where the current user's *.dbx files are stored, but it does not exclude the possibility of recovering *.dbx files where data from other identities of the current user or from other users' *.dbx files is stored. Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express has a special features that searches for *.dbx files.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express is reliable protection for your correspondence against losses and damages resulting from incorrect operations of applications, virus attacks, antivirus software and power failures.
Summary about Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express:
The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool is used to:
- recover lost messages from corrupted Outlook Express folders;
- recover corrupted Outlook Express folders (*.dbx files);
- undelete messages permanently deleted by accident from the «Deleted items» folder;
- export correspondence to the *.eml format (a common format for mail messages) and move message to another computer;
- read and view information stored in *.dbx files (including corrupted *.dbx files).
- DBX Viewer Tool
- Identifies and displays the contents of .dbx files in Outlook Express
- Displays messages from corrupted Outlook Express folders
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express supports:
- working with *.dbx files for Outlook Express versions 5, 5.5 and 6;
- recovering *.dbx files in the batch mode (extracting messages from *.dbx files and immediately saving them to the disk);
- recovering data from Outlook Express *.dbx files up to 4GB in size;
- recovering corrupted Outlook Express *.dbx files up to 2GB in size;
- running under all Windows operating systems starting from Windows 98.
Some Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express peculiarities.
- obligatory attachment recovery;
- verifying the integrity of messages before including them in the recovery list;
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and above
To move saved .eml files to an Outlook Express folder, you should:
- Open Outlook Express and Windows Explorer at the same time.
- Select .eml files in Windows Explorer using the Shift + arrow keys or the Ctrl key + the left mouse button.
- Use your mouse to drag the selected .eml files to the Outlook Express folder.
To make dragging files more convenient, it is recommended to place Outlook Express in the right part of the screen and Windows Explorer in the left part.
You need to disable the recovery of deleted messages.
To do this:
- Open the Tools | Options menu
- Uncheck the Recovering Deleted e-mails option
You save a recovered messages by:
- checking emails for saving and press on Save Checked button
- save all messages by press on Save All button
Please create a new empty Outlook Express folder:
- 1. Open folder with Outlook Express .dbx files in Windows Explorer. You can find path to Outlook Express store folders by:
- open Tools | Options… menu item in Outlook Express
- press on Maintenance tab
- press on Store Folder button
- select and copy path by press Ctrl + V
- 2. Move damaged dbx file in safety place from Outlook Express store folder
- 3. Start Outlook Express
- 4. Click on damaged folder in Folders panel. Outlook Express create new empty DBX file with correct name in store folder.
Select .eml files in Windows Explorer using the Shift + arrow keys or the Ctrl key + the left mouse button
Customer's reviews and ratings
Great Product For Email REcovery I have lost all emails in one of my folders in Outlook Express. Because that folder had reached 2GB. Outlook Express can;t read emails in a folder which is larger than 2GB. I have tried 2 other programs first: Mail Navigator and Dbxtract. Both of them messed my attachments and formats of the email. Then I've tried this tool. And It worked great. I've restored all my emails back and the attachments.
Product wasted some minutes for restoring all corrupted items in OE.
Open the program tell it where the files to be recovered are and it is done quickly and easily.
The trial download verified that the emails were in fact still there and could be retrieved. It would not actually save anything unless the paid version was purchased. That however is told upfront. The paid version did work as advertised and did restore the emails, so I cannot fault the product as it did exactly what it claimed it could.
It recovered 1.6G emails from a damaged 2G inbox. I've followed their link and made purchase via PayPal. The registration code appeared in the web page immediately after payment. I have also received their email enclosing the registration code too. It take 20 mintues to scan a 2G dbx. The emails then can be read but not saved. Have to restart the software After purchase and take 20 mintues to scan the dbx again. Tried another freeware but can recover 80M from the 2G dbx only. OE recovery is worth the price. Some comments said can't receive registration code after payment but they in fact appear in the purchase web page and I can receive the email too.